Advanced Scoping (June 10-14, 2019)
Start Date - June 10, 2019
End Date - June 14, 2019
Your next-step in adjuster education for materials identification and scoping practice.
TDI Course #112554 (24.0 General CE Hours)
This 5-day course has been custom-tailored to the property adjuster with some field or desk adjusting experience or who has not had prior experience but has completed basic Xactimate and scoping training previously. In an intensive hands-on environment, students will learn residential construction methods and materials identification and spend significant time in our training facility mockups identifying damages and materials and completing "live" claim scenarios with a focus on skills and efficiencies needed to complete accurate scopes and estimates in compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements. Upon completion of the course, the participant will:
- Understand and be able to identify methods and materials identification for drywall, paint, flooring, finished carpentry, cabinetry, exterior and roofing repairs
- Develop and practice intermediate Xactimate skills for increased proficiency and producing accurate repair estimates
- Understand how to apply industry, regulatory and carrier scoping standards to repair estimates
- Learn and practice efficient completion of scope and estimate on-site at the insured's residence
Participants must bring the following:
- Computer (PC only; Mac is not supported)
- Digital camera with memory card or cord to upload photos to computer (smartphone camera is fine *if* you know how to upload photos from it to your computer)
- Notebook, pen and/or pencil
- Shoes or boots suitable for walking on a roof
- Tape measure (30-foot minimum, heavy duty recommended)
- Laser measure (optional)
- Toolbelt or pouch to hold tools while estimating
**Xactimate 28 must be downloaded, installed and functional on your computer prior to class. You can download a free 30-day demo version at www.Xactware.com. Please review the system requirements at Xactware.com and ensure your equipment is compatible. Be sure the version you receive is Xactimate 28. If you receive the X1 version, please contact Xactware Support and request the Xactimate 28 to ensure you have the correct program for class.
CATI instructors do not provide Xactimate technical support.
Students must have completed our Adjusting 101 and Xactimate 28 courses (or comparable) or have some field experience. Understanding of standard Xactimate functions and the scoping process is critical to a positive and successful experience in Advanced Scoping. If you're not sure if you have the requisite prior training or experience, please get in touch and we can explore the best option for you.
Additionally, use of a computer is an essential part not only of this class, but of the work of an adjuster, so it is critical that you have a working computer that can be operated on battery power for an hour or more and that you are able to perform functions such as the following before coming to class:
- Log in, send and receive email from your personal or business account
- Attach files to email
- Create folders to save files and images on your desktop
- Upload photos from your camera to a folder on your desktop