CA FAIR PLAN: DWELLING PROPERTY POLICY
This course will guide you through an understanding of the Dwelling Property Policy to ensure accurate coverage application on every claim.
- Using a simple framework of a map, understand basic principles of policy review.
- Review and understand property covered by the FAIR Plan’s Dwelling Property Policy.
- Review and understand perils insured under the policy.
- Review and understand benefits and coverages provided by the policy.
- Review and understand policy definitions, conditions and other pertinent terms.
This training is offered exclusively as part of the Field Adjuster Training & Certification provided by the California FAIR Plan.
For more information on this program, please visit the certification page.
This training is composed of 8 required modules. Upon the completion of the 8 required sections, you will complete a final assessment. A passing score of 70% is required to complete the certification. You may retake the assessment as needed in order to pass.
An additional module including an overview of Xactanalysis functions is available for those needing additional training with this application.
You will have access to this training and all material and resources for 365 days from the date of registration. Material may be updated as warranted during that time.
Additional modules may be released throughout the year. The module will be automatically added to your CATI student profile and you will receive notification of the module’s availability and the timeline for completion in order to remain in good standing with your FAIR Plan training requirements.
The chart below indicates your progress in the completion of the Field Adjuster Training & Certification.
At the completion of this course, you receive a certificate and may proceed to the next course in the queue by visiting the Courses tab on your student profile. You must take the courses in the order listed above.
We suggest you review the short video below to assist you in finding your way around the CATI student portal.
Lessons Sample lesson
- CFP POL 03.1 Fire or Lightning Peril
- CFP POL 03.2 Internal Explosion Peril
- CFP POL 03.3 Smoke Damage Peril
- CFP POL 03.4 Windstorm or Hail
- CFP POL 03.5 Explosion Peril
- CFP POL 03.6 Riot, Aircraft, & Volcanic Eruption Perils
- CFP POL 03.7 Vehicles Peril
- CFP POL 03.8 Vandalism Or Malicious Mischief Peril
- CFP POL 05.1 Policy Period, Insurable Interest & Limits
- CFP POL 05.2 Concealment or Fraud
- CFP POL 05.3 Duties After Loss
- CFP POL 05.4 Loss Settlement
- CFP POL 05.5 Loss to Pair or Set & Glass Replacement
- CFP POL 05.6 Appraisal
- CFP POL 05.7 Other Insurance
- CFP POL 05.8 Salvage, Subrogation, Suit & Our Option
- CFP POL 05.9 Loss Payment, Abandonment & Mortgage Clause
- CFP POL 05.10 Bailees, Cancellation, Liberalization, Assignment, Death, Nuclear Hazard, Recovered Property & Volcanic Eruption Period
- CFP POL 05.11 Loss Deductible Clause
- CFP POL 05.12 Right to Documents & Adjusters