CA FAIR PLAN: FIELD ESTIMATING GUIDELINES
This course will guide you through an understanding of the the FAIR Plan’s estimating guidelines and expectations to ensure consistency of practice across all claims.
- Review and understand general estimating guidelines, expectations for temporary repairs and debris removal.
- Review and understand proper Xactimate parameters and appropriate application of depreciation, overhead and profit and sales tax.
- Review and understand expectations for necessary photos of interior and exterior, damage and non-damage areas.
- Review and understand expectations and guidelines for roof damage estimates.
- Review and understand expectations and guidelines for claims for damage to elevations, other structures and other exterior items.
- Review and understand expectations and guidelines for interior damages and personal property.
- Review and understand guidelines for investigating and documenting mechanical system damage.
This training is offered exclusively as part of the Field Adjuster Training & Certification provided by the California FAIR Plan.
For more information on this program, please visit the certification page.
This training is composed of 8 required modules. Upon the completion of the 8 required sections, you will complete a final assessment. A passing score of 70% is required to complete the certification. You may retake the assessment as needed in order to pass.
An additional module including an overview of Xactanalysis functions is available for those needing additional training with this application.
You will have access to this training and all material and resources for 365 days from the date of registration. Material may be updated as warranted during that time.
Additional modules may be released throughout the year. The module will be automatically added to your CATI student profile and you will receive notification of the module’s availability and the timeline for completion in order to remain in good standing with your FAIR Plan training requirements.
The chart below indicates your progress in the completion of the Field Adjuster Training & Certification.
At the completion of this course, you receive a certificate and may proceed to the next course in the queue by visiting the Courses tab on your student profile. You must take the courses in the order listed above.
We suggest you review the short video below to assist you in finding your way around the CATI student portal.
Lessons Sample lesson
- CFP EST 03.1 Interior Estimating
- CFP EST 03.2 Drywall, Texture & Paint
- CFP EST 03.3 Carpet Flooring
- CFP EST 03.4 Vinyl Flooring
- CFP EST 03.5 Wood Flooring
- CFP EST 03.6 Tile Flooring
- CFP EST 03.7 Electrical & HVAC
- CFP EST 03.8 Water Mitigation
- CFP EST 03.9 Lightning
- CFP EST 03.10 Personal Property
- CFP EST 03.11 Mold, Asbestos & Lead