CA FAIR PLAN: CLAIM HANDLING GUIDELINES
This course will guide you through an understanding of the CA FAIR Plan Claim Handling Guidelines and ensure consistent delivery of the highest quality on every file.
- Review and understand inspection timelines and the process for setting reserves.
- Review and understand the various types of reports and when they are due.
- Review and understand expectations regarding damage and repair estimates.
- Review and understand expectations regarding loss investigation.
- Review and understand determination of value and amount of loss.
- Review and understand the difference between and procedures for handling inquiries and complaints.
- Review and understand your role in investigating foreclosure status and fraud detection.
This training is offered exclusively as part of the Field Adjuster Training & Certification provided by the California FAIR Plan.
For more information on this program, please visit the certification page.
This training is composed of 8 required modules. Upon the completion of the 8 required sections, you will complete a final assessment. A passing score of 70% is required to complete the certification. You may retake the assessment as needed in order to pass.
An additional module including an overview of Xactanalysis functions is available for those needing additional training with this application.
You will have access to this training and all material and resources for 365 days from the date of registration. Material may be updated as warranted during that time.
Additional modules may be released throughout the year. The module will be automatically added to your CATI student profile and you will receive notification of the module’s availability and the timeline for completion in order to remain in good standing with your FAIR Plan training requirements.
The chart below indicates your progress in the completion of the Field Adjuster Training & Certification.
At the completion of this course, you receive a certificate and may proceed to the next course in the queue by visiting the Courses tab on your student profile. You must take the courses in the order listed above.
We suggest you review the short video below to assist you in finding your way around the CATI student portal.