CA FAIR PLAN: FRAUD INVESTIGATION TRAINING
This course will guide you through an understanding of common “red flags,” or indicators of potentially fraudulent claims or actions by an insured or other party connected with a claim.
- Understand how to recognize potentially fraudulent circumstances in the reporting of a claim, or prior to the reporting of a claim.
- Understand how to recognize potentially fraudulent circumstances in connection with various causes of loss.
- Understand how to recognize potentially fraudulent actions by various parties involved in a claim, including the insured, a contractor, an attorney or a public adjuster.
This training is offered as part of the Field Adjuster Training & Certification provided by the California FAIR Plan.
This training is composed of 8 required modules. Upon the completion of the 8 required sections, you will complete a final assessment. A passing score of 70% is required to complete the certification. You may retake the assessment as needed in order to pass.
An additional module including an overview of Xactanalysis functions is available for those needing additional training with this application.
You will have access to this training and all material and resources for 365 days from the date of registration. Material may be updated as warranted during that time.
Additional modules may be released throughout the year. The module will be automatically added to your CATI student profile and you will receive notification of the module’s availability and the timeline for completion in order to remain in good standing with your FAIR Plan training requirements.
The chart below indicates your progress in the completion of the Field Adjuster Training & Certification.
At the completion of this course, you receive a certificate and may proceed to the next course in the queue by visiting the Courses tab on your student profile. You must take the courses in the order listed above.
We suggest you review the short video below to assist you in finding your way around the CATI student portal.
Lessons Sample lesson
- CFP SIU 02.1 Early Red Flags - Policy or Coverage
- CFP SIU 02.2 Early Red Flags - Claims Reporting
- CFP SIU 02.3 Early Red Flags - Damage
- CFP SIU 02.4 Early Red Flags - The Insured
- CFP SIU 02.5 Early Red Flags - Individuals
- CFP SIU 02.6 Early Red Flags - Contractors
- CFP SIU 02.7 Early Red Flags - Fire
- CFP SIU 02.8 Early Red Flags - Attorney or PA
- CFP SIU 02.9 Early Red Flags - Burglary or Theft
- CFP SIU 02.10 Early Red Flags - Fair Rental Value
- CFP SIU 02.11 Early Red Flags - Hail
- CFP SIU 02.12 Early Red Flags - Smoke & Ash
- CFP SIU 02.13 Early Red Flags - Water