Xactimate 28 (September 23-27, 2019)
Start Date - September 23, 2019
End Date - September 27, 2019
Introduction to Xactimate 28 with emphasis on practical skills to produce quality estimate in best-practices application.
This course is eligible for 24 hours of general CE credit for Texas adjuster licensees
This 5-day course is custom-tailored to inexperienced or new property adjusters. This course will cover the basics of property estimatics with line item entry. Students will be taught the most effective ways to setup a claim, add pictures, document their file through activity log entries and narrative statements, dimension rooms, and deliver a professional estimate. Instruction is modeled around low teacher-student ratios and takes place in a hands-on environment using our structural and damage mockup spaces to ensure real world experience and application.
You can expect to learn:
- Setting up your Xactimate user preferences and profiles
- Basic sketch and dimensioning skills
- Estimate items material search techniques
- Use of variables
- Activity logs
- Photo importing
- Photo labeling
- Dimensioning through estimate items
- Dimensioning through sketch
What you will need to bring:
- Computer (PC only; Mac is not supported)
- Digital camera with cord to download photos to computer (smartphone camera is fine)
- Notebook, pen and/or pencil
- Shoes or boots suitable for walking on a roof
- Tape measure (30-foot minimum, heavy duty recommended)
- Laser measure (optional)
- Toolbelt or pouch to hold tools while estimating
Business Casual – Khaki’s or slacks, Shirts other than T-shirt, dress shoes, or boots
There are no prerequisite courses for Xactimate 28. We do recommend first taking our Adjuster 101 course however, as we will be learning Xactimate in the context of practical scoping scenarios and will assume you already understand the fundamentals of claim handling.
Additionally, use of a computer is an essential part not only of this class, but of the work of an adjuster, so it is essential that you have a working computer** that can be operated on battery power for an hour or more and that you are able to perform functions such as the following before coming to class:
- Log in, send and receive email from your personal or business account
- Attach files to email
- Create folders to save files and images on your desktop
- Upload photos from your camera to a folder on your desktop
**Xactimate 28 must be downloaded, installed and functional on your computer prior to class. You can download a free 30-day demo version at www.Xactware.com. Please review the system requirements at Xactware.com and ensure your equipment is compatible. Be sure the version you receive is Xactimate 28. If you receive the X1 version, please contact Xactware Support and request the Xactimate 28 to ensure you have the correct program for class.
Top recommended Courses