- This event has passed.
Advanced Scoping [CANCELLED – COVID-19]
April 27, 2020 @ 8:00 am - May 1, 2020 @ 5:00 pm CDT$1599
Your next-step in adjuster education for materials identification and scoping practice!
- Advanced Scoping is for you if...
- You can expect to learn...
- What to bring...
- You've got some adjuster experience but you want to sharpen your skills...
- You're a seasoned adjuster who understands the value of training to stay razor sharp...
It doesn't matter...
If you're a hands-on learner ready to continue your climb toward mastery in residential construction methods & materials identification, and best practices in scoping & estimating, then Advanced Scoping is the best training & development money and time you'll ever invest.
Every month national carriers send their adjusters & examiners to CATI for training because they trust our instructors, mock-up facility, content, and professionalism to be the best their money can buy. Industry executives & claims managers have taken Advanced Scoping and reported being better in their roles because of it!
Some of the benefits of this course are:
- You produce more accurate estimates in less time
- You're more marketable & hireable in a super competitive market
- You'll have fewer mistakes & kickbacks on your estimates
- You'll experience quicker cycle time on estimate completion
- You'll learn to confidently scope on-site
It's immersive. And it's intensive because you gain more hands-on training & experience using the methods & techniques you use in the actual job.
There's tons of competition in this industry. And claims loads can be brutal, making the turnover rate for the average adjuster high.
So don't be average! Excel despite the challenges & competition and make this an extremely lucrative career for you by making the decision to invest in yourself and train, train, train!
You will learn how to:
- Understand & identify methods and materials identification for drywall, paint, flooring, finished carpentry, cabinetry, exterior & roofing repairs
- Develop & practice intermediate Xactimate skills for increased proficiency & producing accurate repair estimates
- Understand how to apply industry, regulatory & carrier scoping standards to repair estimates
- Identify interior & exterior construction material grades & quality
- Sketch complex diagrams for interior, exterior, & roof
- Learn to efficiently & effectively complete scope and estimate on-site (at the insured's residence)
Students must have completed CATI's Adjusting 101 and Xactimate 28 courses (or comparable) or have some field experience. Understanding standard Xactimate functions and the scoping process is critical to a positive and successful experience in Advanced Scoping.
If you're unsure of your prerequisite training/experience, call 877-341-4900 ext. 1008 and we'll discuss your best option.
Additionally, use of a computer is an essential part of the work of an adjuster, and this course. You must have a working computer (able to run on battery power for at least an hour or two) and be able to perform the following functions before coming to class:
- Log in, send/receive email from your personal/business account
- Attach files to email
- Create folders to save files/images on your desktop
- Upload photos from your camera to a folder on your desktop
If you're not sure of your skill level, consider taking computer literacy self-assessments from NorthStar to ensure your preparedness:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Basics
- Using Email
If your skills are not quite there yet, you may consider additional basic skills training before proceeding.
**Xactimate 28 must be DOWNLOADED, INSTALLED and FUNCTIONAL on your computer prior to class.
Download the free 30-day demo version at www.Xactware.com. Please be sure to contact Xactware Support and request Xactimate 28 to ensure you have the correct program for class.
CATI provides all instructional materials for Adjusting 101 course either online or via a USB drive.
In addition, you will need to bring the following:
- Notebook, pen/pencil, highlighter (if you like)
- Graph paper & clipboard
- Digital camera w/ memory card/cable to upload to your computer (your smartphone is fine IF you're experienced w/ uploading photos to your computer from it)
- Tape measure (at least 30ft)
- Laser measure (optional)
- Good rubber soled shoes or boots for walking on roof
- Laptop computer able to run MS Excel or Google Sheets
- Tool belt or pouch to keep hands free while scoping
Joe S, Independent Adjuster
Came in knowing NOTHING about adjusting or Xactimate and felt that I had a pretty good grasp on things at the end. Jorge was GREAT!!!
Vince C, Staff Field Adjuster
LW & Jorge were very helpful throughout the class. They made the class informative and enjoyable. I would highly recommend them and this class. After completing this course, I believe I am ready for field work.
Tanya B, Staff Inside Adjuster
I feel so much more comfortable about handling desk claims now!!!
Rob C, Staff Field Adjuster
Jorge & LW were very dedicated to making sure everyone in class understood each area we were learning and how to apply it to our estimates.
Troy H, Independent Adjuster
I aill be writing multiple referrals for CATI/US Adjusting on social media sites for fellow colleagues and friends interested in pursuing a career in the Cat Adjusters field. Thank you Tim K. for your patience, taking a passionate approach to our education and going the extra mile! Onto Xactimate!
Tim P, Independent Adjuster
This is the best course I have ever taken as an adult. This course from beginning to end could not have been better. I'm very thankful to have taken this class and look forward to future classes.
Rod Q, Independent Adjuster
Thank you for the time you took with all of us. So mych to CATI! You taught us the way to make it manageable and to make us effective. Thanks for everything!
Katrina M, Staff Inside Adjuster
They (Jorge & LW) were both fantastic and made the material as interesting as they possibly could which aided in the gaining of knowledge.
Anonymous, Independent Adjuster
This course transformed students who never held a tame measure into very proficient property adjusters. Great class content and training mock-ups.
Sarah M, Staff Field Adjuster
LW & Jorge have teacher's hearts. Their passion is to make adjusters better and it shows. It was a privilege to be a part of their class. Great job and it was a great experience.
Tina K, Staff Inside Adjuster
I purposefully marked everything EXCEPTIONAL! This was first class training with first class instructors who truly know what they are teaching and are happy to share their knowledge with others. All new adjusters need this class!
Jimmy P, Staff Inside Adjuster
Thank you both for sharing your knowledge with us, and being patient with us as we were learning. This week of scoping with you guys has taken my confidence from a 3 to about a 7. I still have lots of room for learning and improvements along the way, but this course was extremely helpful.
Stacey S, Independent Adjuster
As a new adjuster the main takeaway I wanted from this class was to be much more confident in accepting a future deployment as a result of being much more confident in my Xactimate abilities. Jorge & LW gave me exactly that.
Ben M, Independent Adjuster
LW & Jorge: Thank you for your help. You're both awesome and it was a pleasure getting to know you. I wouldn't even consider looking elsewhere for my future training.
To register for a course, follow the link in the event details to the course page.