June 8 @ 8:00 am - June 12 @ 5:00 pm CDT$1599
The foundational course for the brand new adjuster who wants to prepare to hit the ground running!
- Adjusting 101 is for you if...
- You can expect to learn
- What to bring
- Time & Place
So you probably that property adjusting is a field that's fairly easy to get into, but don't let that deceive you!
If you want to make a long-term career in adjusting, you've got to invest in the knowledge & hands-on experience that will shape you into a successful property adjuster who works past the first few weeks of a big storm.
CATI's training instructors are national professionals with more than 80+ years experience in every aspect of property adjusting, from classroom to CAT, and beyond.
Adjusting 101 is for you if you're ready to receive training that will help you excel quickly as a property adjuster. CATI's commitment is to train & equip you to honor your commitment to rise to the ranks of the best property adjusters in the field.
This can happen quickly for you if you're ready to invest and come with an open mind to being trained by some of the best and most knowledgeable trainers in the industry.
You will learn how to:
- Understand the fundamentals of adjusting a loss
- Develop skills to read & interpret a homeowner's policy
- Communicate with customer, organize & setup scoping schedule, review loss notices
- Identify basic interior & exterior construction materials
- Identify aspects to interior damages of dwelling
- Identify hail, wind, blistering, etc. damage to roofs
- Inspect the loss, file documentation, close the claim
- Measure accurately
- Sketch diagrams for interior, exterior, & roof by hand
- Calculate & apply depreciation
- Write a complete estimate & statement of loss (SOL)
- Complete a handwritten file from scratch to finish
There are no prerequisite courses needed to register for Adjusting 101. However, use of a computer is an essential part of this course, and of the work of an adjuster.
It is critical that you have a working computer that can be operated on battery power for an hour or more AND that you are able to perform the following functions BEFORE coming to class:
- Logging in, sending & receiving email from your personal or business account
- Attaching files to email
- Creating folders to save files & images on your desktop
- Uploading photos from your camera to a folder on your desktop
- Performing standard functions on an Excel or Google spreadsheet (such as a copying & pasting, saving the sheet under a new name, entering basic formulas, etc.)
- Creating documents in Word or Google Docs (including inserting photos into a document)
If you're not sure of your skill level, consider taking computer literacy self-assessments from NorthStar to ensure your preparedness:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Basics
- Using Email
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
If your skills are not quite there yet, you may consider additional basic skills training before proceeding.
*Please note: Hands-on Xactimate 28 training is provided in a separate course and is NOT part of Adjusting 101.
CATI provides all instructional materials for Adjusting 101 course either online or via a USB drive.
In addition, you will need to bring the following:
- Notebook, pen/pencil, highlighter (if you like)
- Graph paper & clipboard
- Digital camera w/ memory card/cable to upload to your computer (your smartphone is fine IF you're experienced w/ uploading photos to your computer from it)
- Tape measure (at least 30ft)
- Laser measure (optional)
- Good rubber soled shoes or boots for walking on roof
- Laptop computer able to run MS Excel or Google Sheets
- Tool belt or pouch to keep hands free while scoping
Classes are held from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm each day at our training facility in Irving, Texas:
3109 Skyway Circle North
Irving, TX 75038
Joe S, Independent Adjuster
Came in knowing NOTHING about adjusting or Xactimate and felt that I had a pretty good grasp on things at the end. Jorge was GREAT!!!
Vince C, Staff Field Adjuster
LW & Jorge were very helpful throughout the class. They made the class informative and enjoyable. I would highly recommend them and this class. After completing this course, I believe I am ready for field work.
Tanya B, Staff Inside Adjuster
I feel so much more comfortable about handling desk claims now!!!
Rob C, Staff Field Adjuster
Jorge & LW were very dedicated to making sure everyone in class understood each area we were learning and how to apply it to our estimates.
Troy H, Independent Adjuster
I aill be writing multiple referrals for CATI/US Adjusting on social media sites for fellow colleagues and friends interested in pursuing a career in the Cat Adjusters field. Thank you Tim K. for your patience, taking a passionate approach to our education and going the extra mile! Onto Xactimate!
Tim P, Independent Adjuster
This is the best course I have ever taken as an adult. This course from beginning to end could not have been better. I'm very thankful to have taken this class and look forward to future classes.
Rod Q, Independent Adjuster
Thank you for the time you took with all of us. So mych to CATI! You taught us the way to make it manageable and to make us effective. Thanks for everything!
Katrina M, Staff Inside Adjuster
They (Jorge & LW) were both fantastic and made the material as interesting as they possibly could which aided in the gaining of knowledge.
Anonymous, Independent Adjuster
This course transformed students who never held a tame measure into very proficient property adjusters. Great class content and training mock-ups.
Sarah M, Staff Field Adjuster
LW & Jorge have teacher's hearts. Their passion is to make adjusters better and it shows. It was a privilege to be a part of their class. Great job and it was a great experience.
Tina K, Staff Inside Adjuster
I purposefully marked everything EXCEPTIONAL! This was first class training with first class instructors who truly know what they are teaching and are happy to share their knowledge with others. All new adjusters need this class!
Jimmy P, Staff Inside Adjuster
Thank you both for sharing your knowledge with us, and being patient with us as we were learning. This week of scoping with you guys has taken my confidence from a 3 to about a 7. I still have lots of room for learning and improvements along the way, but this course was extremely helpful.
Stacey S, Independent Adjuster
As a new adjuster the main takeaway I wanted from this class was to be much more confident in accepting a future deployment as a result of being much more confident in my Xactimate abilities. Jorge & LW gave me exactly that.
Ben M, Independent Adjuster
LW & Jorge: Thank you for your help. You're both awesome and it was a pleasure getting to know you. I wouldn't even consider looking elsewhere for my future training.
To register for a course, follow the link in the event details to the course page.